Yesterday, I wanted to start my latest graphic novel purchase, which is From Hell by Alan Moore, but I happened to glance over at my ‘currently reading’ pile and saw to my dismay that I had 11 books with bookmarks inside them. 11. Not 2, not 4. ELEVEN. Technically speaking, 9 of them are stagnant. I’m having multiple (literary) affairs and it. must. end.
So! I’m making it a goal of sorts to read at least 5 of these 11 books before year’s end. I already know I am preparing to give away a couple of these babies so that really shouldn’t be too daunting… right?
Here are the books:
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- I actually REALLY enjoy reading this book when I make myself sit down and read.
- People Who Eat Darkness by Richard L. Parry (giving this one away)
- Some Girls, Some Hats, & Hitler (giving this one away)
- The Stand by Stephen King (good god….)
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Lottery & Other Stories by Shirley Jackson (my queen)
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos L. Zafon
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
- Far, Far Away by Tom McNeal
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
If you’ve read any of these, please, I implore you… persuade me to read them!!