I lifted the ban on buying books and celebrated by… buying books. 😉
The Need for Better Regulation of Outer Space by Pippa Goldschmidt
- I heard about this book from Jen Campbell in one of her recommendation videos. It is essentially a collection of science-related stories. If that doesn’t hook you, well, we are of two different worlds.
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Who hasn’t read this? Oh, right, ME. Despite the ongoing hype surrounding this novel, I don’t know much about the plot – which works out swimmingly for me because I want to go into it with a blank slate.
- What I DO know is that it is set in a post-apocalyptic world. Again, I got hooked by that one descriptor.
One Day by David Nicholls
- I don’t read a whole lot of books where romance is the central plot, but considering that this was $2.75, I thought it was time for something new.
- If the title sounds familiar to you, it got turned into a movie starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess.
Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- Snagged this for ONE WHOLE DOLLAR 😀